With the holidays upon us and 2016 drawing to a close, it’s a great time to look back at a remarkable year. We are proud of the achievements made at Altru Health System, and how we’ve impacted healthcare and quality of life for our patients and our community.
To wrap up 2016, we took a look back at the highlights of the year.
2. Altru Advanced Orthopedics is the first in the state of North Dakota to offer Partial Knee Replacement and Total Hip Replacement procedures performed using the Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery System.
3. In April, Altru announced its new accountable care organization health plan option, Altru & You with Medica. At least 12 organizations have elected to offer Altru & You with Medica as a health insurance option for their employee benefits.
4. Altru Clinic in Crookston broke ground on an expansion and renovation project that will offer patients expanded specialty care options, expanded radiology services, same day procedures, an operating room and renovated patient care rooms, infusion, laboratory and therapy spaces.
5. Altru Hospital was one of 223 hospitals nationwide to receive the American College of Cardiology’s Platinum Performance Achievement Award for 2016. The award recognizes Altru’s commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients.
6. Altru Health System received the Get With The Guidelines® – Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes the hospital’s commitment to providing the most appropriate stroke treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence.
7. We were one of 18 organizations throughout the U.S. recognized by The Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as a Million Hearts® 2015 Hypertension Control Champion.
8. Altru Health System was one of 22 organizations named 2016 Most Wired™ Advanced Category. The survey examined how organizations are leveraging IT to improve performance for value-based healthcare in the areas of infrastructure, business and administrative management, quality and safety, and clinical integration.
9. We received a five star Home Health Compare Quality of Patient Care Star Rating from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). This rating places Altru’s Home Health in the top six percent of all home health agencies in North Dakota, and the top three percent of all home health agencies in the nation.
10. And finally, we had several successful fundraising events. The Altru Cancer Center Golf Tournament raised $101,000 for Filling the Gap, and Altru Health Foundation raised more than $300,000 at Altru’s Gala to support Camp Good Mourning and Child Life.
We could not be more excited about what’s coming up in 2017. We wish you a safe and happy holiday season with family and loved ones!
Dr. Eric Lunn is Altru’s President. Outside of the office, Eric can be found spending time with his seven grandchildren.
Dave Molmen is Altru’s Chief Executive Officer. In his free time, Dave enjoys music, wood-working and cycling.