It’s the message of many country songs today: small towns rock.
Small town pride runs thick throughout our region. In fact, just over half, about 52 percent, of North Dakota’s population is considered rural. Our small towns are wonderful places to live, work and play. Altru Health System is proud to be here, not only in Grand Forks but across the entire region, providing world-class care in the comfort of hometowns.
*Based on 2014 data.
In addition, we provide our small towns:
- Access to consistent, high quality health care,
- Mayo Clinic knowledge and expertise through the Mayo Clinic Care Network,
- Streamlined and efficient electronic medical records,
- Emergency Medical Services, including training and support for rural volunteers,
- Hospice services throughout the region and
- Wellness and prevention-focused community events.
You don’t have to travel far beyond Grand Forks to discover the beautiful small communities sprinkled across northeastern North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota. The people of rural America are known for being nice and friendly. It’s not uncommon to see a neighbor pulling someone out of the ditch or removing snow from a driveway. And, health shines through this hardworking lifestyle.